UTC Climate, Controls & Security is the leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security solutions. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
This position is located at UTC's Climate, Controls and Security location in Rockton, IL; as TAYLOR COMPANY is a leader in the foodservice equipment industry. Taylor employs approximately 700 people to create, build and support a wide range of products which dispense shakes, softserve ice cream, frozen carbonated beverages and slush beverages. Additionally, Taylor makes and markets foodservice grills to the Quick Service Restaurant industry.
The IT Senior Programmer/Analyst, Taylor Company, will be part of the team responsible for maintaining the AS400/BPCS system used locally in support of the business and implementation of data warehouse and BI functionality in a portal environment.
The Senior Programmer/Analyst will have responsibility for the Manufacturing, Inventory, Planning, and Scheduling areas. Focus will be to support and provide expertise in these areas of the BPCS system. Play an integral role in implementing business requirements in new technologies in the primary areas of responsibility.
In addition, the position is expected to:
· Develop a roadmap for the primary functional area of support to promote business growth and more effective use of the ERP application.
· Partner with outsourced vendor support teams to implement new developments to increase utilization of manufacturing information.
· Provide technical leadership for the planning and direction of major technology adoption and deployment within the supported functional areas.
· Develop peer, cross-functional and cross-business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
· Lead continuous improvement activities (ACE) within functional area to improve application performance, quality and reliability.
BA/BS degree w/6-10+ years experience
Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline
The ideal candidate would have the following background:
· 5-10 years of IT experience in roles supporting and implementing the AS400/BPCS application
· Strong interpersonal written/verbal communication, organizational and leadership skills
· Ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization
· Strong strategic thinking skills
· Demonstrated ability to excel in a global matrix organization
· Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Strong attention to detail
· Proactive and high energy
· ACE and Lean trained
· Expert knowledge in AS400, BPCS, RPG, RPGLE, CL, CLLE, ERP/MRP
· Knowledge of WebSphere or SharePoint Portal technology
All Employees Shall:
Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards.
Support the company's on-going program for process improvement.
Competitive salary with bonus opportunity plus full benefits package including medical, dental, life, AD&D, and 401(k) plan. For full confidential consideration, submit a cover letter of interest and resume on or before September 3, 2013.